It was nothing wanting a “dream come true” second for Rajeev Arikkatt, an Indian expat within the UAE when he gained 15 million dirhams (roughly Rs 33 crore) within the Large-Ticket Abu Dhabi weekly draw.
As per a report by Khaleej Occasions, Mr Arikkatt had excessive hopes of successful this time, on condition that he bought a complete of six tickets for the draw.
Nevertheless, this win got here as a whole shock for Mr Arikkatt, because it was the complimentary ticket, quantity 037130, which secured his victory.
Mr Arikkatt received his successful ticket as a freebie throughout raffle draw quantity 260.
Now allow us to check out who Rajeev Arikkatt is.
– Rajeev Arikkatt, who hails from Kerala in India, works at an architectural agency within the UAE metropolis of Al Ain.
– The 40-year-old, who purchased the lottery ticket on January 10, has been residing within the UAE for greater than 10 years.
– The architectural draftsman lives together with his spouse and their two kids—5 years outdated and eight years outdated.
– Mr Arikkatt has been collaborating within the Large Ticket attracts for the previous three years.
– This time round, the first-time lottery winner alongside together with his spouse determined to pick the tickets with numbers 7 and 13, that are the start dates of their kids.
Speaking about his victory, in dialog with the Khaleej Occasions, Mr Arikkatt stated, “I’ve been residing in Al Ain for greater than 10 years. I’ve been buying tickets for the previous 3 years. That is the primary time I’ve gained a lottery. This time, me and my spouse chosen tickets with numbers 7 and 13, that are the start dates of our youngsters. Two months in the past, I missed Dh1 million by a whisker with the identical mixture, however this time I used to be lucky.”
Describing his emotions after the massive announcement, he added, “I used to be speechless. I could not describe the emotions in phrases. I recognised Richard’s voice, as I had been listening to it for years. I knew he known as the winners, however I by no means imagined it was the primary prize. It was a shock. This can be a life-changing second, not only for me however for others in our group.”
Ready for response to load…